Anyway, these cupcakes are SO easy to make and SO SO good! On my birthday, I was always the kid with the super cool mom who'd arrive to school midday with a huge platter of crazy awesome cupcakes to share with my homeroom. She's the real master of making fun and incredible cupcakes, but I thought I'd give it a shot.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) vegan butter (such as Earth Balance), softened
- scant 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles* + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a standard muffin holder with 12 paper liners.
In a liquid measuring cup, measure out non-dairy milk and add vinegar or lemon juice. Let set to curdle/activate.
softened butter to a large mixing bowl and cream with a mixer. Then add
sugar and vanilla and beat until combined and fluffy - about 2 minutes.
dry ingredients (omitting sprinkles) to a sifter in this order: 1 cup
flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and then remaining 1/2 cup
over butter/sugar mixture alternating with the almond milk mixture.
Blend until until well incorporated and no large lumps remain.
- Add sprinkles and gently fold/stir with a rubber spatula or mixing spoon.
- Divide evenly among cupcake holders making sure NOT to overfill. These do best at 3/4 of the way up.
on a center rack at 350 for 20-24 minutes, or until a toothpick
inserted into the center comes out clean. They will only have a very,
very slight golden brown color.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, frost cupcakes and top with sprinkles. Serve immediately. Store leftovers covered at room temperature or refrigerated.